Good news each time you open your browser!
If you want to get this website set to the first thing you see each time you open your browser, we'll show you how. Different browsers have different areas for this setting, so we'll take you through the different browsers:
Edge offers two different options, based on what your idea of a home page looks like. We’ll give you both of them.
- First, open an Edge Window and select More actions (the dots in the upper right of the screen) and then Settings. Then select View advanced settings from the list. This will provide a number of options to toggle – look for the one that says, “Show the home button” and make sure that it is toggled on. Then set it to “A specific page” in the dropdown menu. In the space below, enter creativejunction.co.nz and Save your choice. Now, whenever you click on the Home button, it will take you to Google.
- If your idea of a home setting is more alone of the lines of, “Whatever page that opens when I start Edge,” then you can do that too. Under the Settings options, look for a choice that says “Open Microsoft Edge With.” Here you can enter .
Google Chrome should, under normal circumstances, automatically take you to a window with the search bar and several of your favorite websites, so many Chrome users may not even have to worry about this step. But if you want to set a more official home screen or double-check that everything is still working, here’s what to do.
- Click the More button, a.k.a. the three dots you can find at the upper right of the screen. Then select Settings.
- Scroll until you find the Appearance. Here, look for an option that says Show Home button. Make sure that this is checked. Click Change and enter creativejunction.co.nz. You may want to sign into Chrome and sync your settings to make sure the change is fully applied across all devices.
Note: This option may not work if you are using Chrome on a tablet or phone, where settings options are a little more limited.
Safari gives you a couple different options to work with, depending on how you prefer to browse, so it’s worth it to spend a few extra moments customising the results.
- First open up Safari, select Safari in the upper left corner of the screen, and then select Preferences. From here, select General.
- Look for the heading that says Homepage with a space next to it. You can either type in , or if you’re already on our site you can choose the button below, which says Set to Current page.
- Safari also has several important headers higher in the General window. “Safari opens with” allows you to choose if you want to open with your previous windows as a time-saving shortcut. “New windows open with” and “New tabs open with” both allow you to set them to Homepage to make sure that you will always start with the latest news at Creative Junction no matter how you like to open new sites. Choose the options that work best for you!
No worries here, Firefox offers the easiest option by far. Open up Firefox, and go to the Creative Junction website.
- Click/Select the tab itself (the bumper where the title of the page usually is) and hold down. Then drag that tab right, over to the homepage button that Firefox uses in the taskbar.
- This will bring up a quick notification asking you if you really want to set this as your home page. Select Yes, and you’re done.
- If you want to delete and replace current home page options more directly, click the three-line menu button and go to Preferences. From here, select the General tab and look for the Startup under Home Page, choose Restore to Default, which will clear any past choices.
Instructions take from original post: https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-set-google-as-your-homepage/